Admissions Department: 518-583-8432
Our Admissions Department is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Upon arrival, please report to the information desk located off the main lobby.
The admission process requires us to ask a lot of questions and gather important information from you, including:
- The type of insurance you have. (Please have your identification cards and a photo ID.)
- Why you are here—your medical condition.
- Your Social Security number. If you are insured under a spouse’s coverage, please provide his or her Social Security number as well.
Please be assured that all information is considered private and will be held in the strictest confidence.
Before we can treat you, you must sign a Permission for Treatment/Consent of Care form.
- This is required for both emergency and routine care.
- If the patient is unable to sign, a surrogate may sign instead.
- If the patient is a minor, signed consent is required from his/her parent or legal guardian.
We will contact your insurance company within one business day of your admission. Keep in mind that many insurance plans require that you also notify them—either in advance for scheduled admissions or within 48 hours if you’ve received emergency care. Typically, information about this requirement can be found on the back of your insurance identification card. Since it is your responsibility to notify your insurance company, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with your plan’s requirements.