We provide the highest quality emergency care 24 hours a day, seven days a week at our Alfred Z. Solomon Emergency Center.
This state-of-the-art Emergency facility includes:
- 36 private rooms, including:
- Trauma/resuscitation bays
- Isolation rooms
- Acute care rooms
- Designated area for those with less serious illnesses
- Separate psychiatric/drug and alcohol treatment area
- State-of-the-art treatment rooms with full cardiac monitoring
- In-department imaging suite, including X-ray and CT equipment
- A dedicated exam room for victims of sexual assault
- Isolation rooms accessible directly from outside via a decontamination shower
- Negative pressure rooms for respiratory isolation
Each room has a flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi .
We continually seek new ways to reduce waiting times and improve the emergency care experience. Recent enhancements include:
- Streamlined triage and registration process, so patients are examined sooner
- Electronic tracking board and electronic health records, resulting in increased efficiency, better communication among healthcare providers, and enhanced safety and quality
Please note: Patients with life-threatening illnesses or who need immediate treatment are seen first. For your convenience, for minor injuries or illness, consider Malta Med Emergent Care at Exit 12 or Urgent Care at Wilton Medical Arts instead.