Having a baby? We offer many courses to help ensure that you will have a rewarding birthing experience and a smoother transition into parenthood.
Courses we offer:
- Expectant Parent Night
- Come and enjoy a free one hour class that will introduce you to the Women’s Health Services Unit, Dr. Jennifer Lefner, chief of newborn medicine, Saratoga Hospital Midwives, and the Myrtle Street Obstetrics & Gynecology group. This class will include an overview of the services available, an introduction of the other classes offered to expectant parents, and time for questions. Come join us and see what we’re all about!
- Childbirth Preparation Series – 4 Classes
- Childbirth Preparation is a four-class series designed to educate expectant parents on their options during pregnancy, labor, and delivery. We will discuss having a healthy pregnancy, the work of labor and birth, coping with labor, options for medications and other interventions, being an active participant in your care, the role of the birth partner, and the first 48 hours after birth.
- Dads on Duty
- Learn how to handle a baby, learn about issues you didn’t know were important – and which you can ignore. In this men-only environment, no question is stupid and no topic is off-limits. Dads and dads-to-be will discuss issues including changes in new mom and your relationship, handling a newborn, finding work/home balance, introducing pets to baby and more.
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Learn the art of breastfeeding with our International Board Certified Lactation Consultant and Registered Nurse instructor. We will discuss techniques and positions, benefits for both mom and baby, what to expect in the early days, and how your baby’s feeding needs may change over time. Learn how to read your baby’s hunger cues and much more in this class.
- Prenatal Yoga – 6 Classes
- In six, 75-minute classes, instructors will guide you through postures which may decrease common pregnancy discomforts such as back pain, sciatica, carpal tunnel, swelling, anxiety and fatigue in addition to stretching, and toning muscles used during labor and delivery. Instructors will also focus on meditation, breathing, relaxation, and visualization in preparation for childbirth.
Click here to view the list of upcoming childbirth education classes.